Source: 1800 Freecall National Hotline Number - Callin Code: 1494a
Beryl wanted us to know of an incident which took place in 1963 at Springfield, Gosford. Her husband left for work on foot at 4:30 am and headed for the Gosford Train Station. She usually saw him off by watching him walk up the Road until he was out of sight. Beryl noticed an object hovering above her husband as he was walking, it was cigar shaped and seemed to illuminate a green colour which she says is difficult to discribe. She also noted the ship had square windows, but can’t remember exactly how many. The ship seemed to be moving along with him as if following him up the Road. He was heading down Headland Pde and turning on to Wells Street when the object seemed to just disappear. She said it was as big as a bus in length, but not the same height as a bus, more slender. Beryl said it followed her husband for a few minutes. When her husband arrived home from work he said he saw the object as well and said its engines sounded like a generator; a sort of humming. Apparently this particular UFO was noted in the paper by a Fisherman’s Wife who was asking witnesses to come forward. Beryl and her husband did’nt come forward, but they are now. Karen Burden AUFORN NSW

1963 GOSFORD (MT ELLIOT), NSW 0430hrs (CE1)
Source: 1800 Freecall National Hotline Number - Callin Code: 1494b
Beryl also wanted to mentioned an incident that took place during 1970. They were living in another part of Gosford at that stage. She heard a noise in her backyard and went outside to take a look. She lived at the bottom of Mt Elliot on Clyde Road, Erina. When she went outside she noted that the top of the Mountain was all lit up, like a fire, but not a fire. There were other witnesses to this event, she stated it was mentioned on Radio, but was soon forgotten - too quickly in her opinion. Karen Burden AUFORN NSW

"A couple of years later at Jinka Station Desmond was by himself, camping. He was looking at the stars and spotted what seemed like a satellite from the west direction, it was coming slowly, no sound, then a beam of light flickered on then stopped and swung this light around then moved on again. It did this two more times. Des put out the fire with water and just watched it go over head and out of sight."

"Another night he saw 2 silver lights together going fast. Keith Douglass UFORAS

30.01.63 ADELAIDE, SA (NL)
Adelaide Advertiser 31 Jan 1963 copy provided by Darryl Tiggeman of Adelaide.
Six people rang the Advertiser late last night to report a glowing object changing colour as it moved low across the horizon in the north-eastern sky. The object is believed to be similar to one which had police mystified several months ago. AURA

15.02.63 WILLOW GROVE (nr MOE), VIC 0710hrs (CE1)
Source: AFSR, no.8, p.10 June 1965; FSR 16/5/29; Flying saucers Over Australia by James Holledge, pp.14 & 86-88; Pages 313-319 on digital copy of RAAF file 580/1/1 part 4. Original reference 5/6/Air (26) Victoria Barracks. [Tornado like meteorological manifestation]
Charles Brew and his son Trevor were at work when a strange object came down out of the east and descended slowly towards their cattle pens. (Brew was outside the milking shed and Trevor inside.) The cattle and a pony reacted violently and the two farm dogs fled. The object descended to a height of between twenty-five and thirty metres, then hovered over a tree for a few seconds. It was about eight metres in diameter and three high. The top portion appeared to be a transparent dome from which protruded a two metre tall aerial. The colour of the top was a battleship grey. The base glowed pale-blue and had scoop-like protuberances around it. A swishing noise was audible. Trevor did not see the object but heard the noise. Brew said his eyes were drawn to it. He experienced a headache which remained for the rest of the day. After hovering for a few seconds the object climbed at forty-five degrees to the west and passed into cloud. Witnesses: 1 male. AURA

23.04.63 LEVENDALE, TAS 2230hrs
TA 1963-002
Whilst driving a tractor, a farmer saw a yellow circular object come from the west and pass overhead, 50 metres above him. It illuminated the ground, was soundless and 30 metres across. There were no EMF effects. TUFOIC

Source: Hervey, M. (1969.) "UFOs Over the Southern Hemisphere." Horwitz. Sydney. p142.
Police received a report of a bright light. Colour changed from red to white. Car was followed for several miles. Light last seen hovering over a paddock.

Source: UFOs Over the Southern Hemisphere by Michael Hervey
SA 1963-005
That evening, a car load of people reported that a bright light had followed their car for several kilometres, and had turned from red to white. UFORSA

18.05.63 BEACHPORT, SA 0700hrs (DD)
SA 1963-004
Mr. B. Mathley, a carrier by occupation, was driving along a road when a soundless, red-and-blue, round to oval shape was seen directly above his car. At the same time the sound on his radio cut off. The man watched it for about two minutes as it travelled from east to west. UFOR(SA)

19.05.63 MT. GAMBIER, SA 2130hrs (CE1)
Source: AFSRS; QUFO, 1/2/6; Pages 305-307 on digital copy of RAAF file 580/1/1 part 4. Original reference 5/6/Air (31) Victoria Barracks. [Meteor]; Hervey, M. (1969.) "UFOs Over the Southern Hemisphere." Horwitz. Sydney. p142.
SA 1963-003
The event was reported to Police by the youth’s father, and is said to have taken place on the old Glencoe road, between Glencoe and Mount Gambier, one mile south of the Piggery. A seventeen year old apprentice mechanic encountered an object on one side of the road on which he was driving. When his car was six metres away from it, a bright light came on on the object and dazzled him. He pulled the car up, the object moved across the road, and he drove his vehicle under it. It was oval in shape, five metres wide and three high, with the lights on it being as bright as "the arc lights in electric welding." It disappeared but was seen again at the six mile post from the Mount. He was travelling at 50-60mph and the light followed him, then disappeared soon after. Duration: 1-1.5 minutes. Witnesses: 1 male. UFORSA/AURA

26.05.63 MACCLESFIELD, SA 1850hrs (NL)
Source: Hervey, M. (1969.) "UFOs Over the Southern Hemisphere." Horwitz. Sydney. p142.
Large, bright object in NW twice size of Moon. Approached him, then was stationary for 1.5 seconds before leaving at speed.

07.06.63 ADELAIDE (HOVE), SA 0100-0300hrs
Source: Hervey, M. (1969.) "UFOs Over the Southern Hemisphere." Horwitz. Sydney. p143.
Heard a rushing noise with a brilliant flash of light. Going from N to S and ended"…with a loud thud."

28.07.63 SANDY CREEK, SA 2130hrs (CE1)
Source: AFSRS; QUFO, 1/3/26; Hervey, M. (1969.) "UFOs Over the Southern Hemisphere." Horwitz. Sydney. p128 cites the date as during the period 1955-1958; Adelaide "Advertiser" 10.07.63
He was travelling on the Lyndoch-Gawler road going to Gawler, when upon rounding a corner in his vehicle, an anonymous Willaston man came upon a blood-red coloured object extending across the roadway. This was near the Sandy Creek Hotel. He applied the brakes and was within three metres of it when it rose suddenly from the road. After rising one hundred metres or so, it turned on its side and sped off, streaming vapour. Described as eight metres across and four high, with a concave top and a flat base, it glowed blood-red when close to the ground and appeared to change to a light-red yellow as it gathered speed and flew off towards Two Wells. Hervey states that the sighting was reported to police and that a CIB Special Branch officer interviewed the witness. The Advertiser reports "…He later reported the incident to the Weapons Research Establishment which arranged for him to be interviewed by a member of the CIB Special Branch."

Source: Adelaide "Advertiser" 26.07.63. Hervey has date as 24/7/60.
Glowing white object travelling very quickly NE to SW seen descending in the sky. Five minutes later head a loud noise and heard previously quiet surf on beach 12 miles away was heard.

25.07.63 WARRAGUL, VIC 1930hrs (NO)
Source: Pages 292-294 on digital copy of RAAF file 580/1/1 part 4. Original reference 7/6/Air (39) Victoria Barracks. [Tornado]
One circular object ?light shade of grey? with a noise similar to a jet aircraft. ?The upper portion of object appeared to have a smaller diameter.? Approx 400 feet up. Lost in mid-air. ?The upper part of the object appeared to be revolving.? While the object was in sight the air was unusually warm. Duration: 20 seconds. Witnesses: 1 male. AURA

UFO Sighting 1963 SEPTEMBER late - Biloela (QLD) New
Time just before midnight.
Source: Generated by newspaper article.
Witness: Mrs. Margie x
Number of witnesses present: 1
Sighting Duration: 5 minutes or more.
Occupation: caretaker of farm.

Report taken by Diane AUFORN

We were living in a farm house just outside Biloela in QLd my husband worked on the Callide power station we lived in a farmhouse we were caretakers for the owner. We didn't have any water or electricity. This night I was in the kitchen by myself it was late september I don't remember the date. I went to get some water I washed my feet in the warm water and I went outside on the veranda, we had a kitchen veranda then and two bedrooms it was an old farm house. When I went outside I seen this big huge doom thing it was about 3 storeys high it was like metallic material it looked like it, it was a bright orange. It looked like a big cruse ship a mother-ship sorta thing. It had like shutter windows around it. It was sitting on a big like saucer like thing underneath the doom the saucer had these white and blue lights underneath it. It was siting on the ground when I first saw it, it was in our backyard, the house was in one yard the chicken coup was just behind that and through a door through the coup was another yard it was behind the chicken coup, it was around 300 yards awayfrom the house.

The object was sitting on the ground then it went up it hovered. When I first went out with the dish water I was going to throw it, it gave me the biggest shock. I had a feeling there was something around but I didn't know what. It was moonless night usually we have 3 dogs there around for the cows we normally have dingos around but there was no sound the dingos didn't make a sound and neither did the chickens everything seemed to be asleep nothing moved.

Diane: So the object didn't stir the dogs or chickens.

No they all disappeared, not a sound love. I tossed the water away and I stood there and watch it. It went up and hovered just above the' ground.

The object left a round ring on the grass I mean crop of sorghum. I went in to wake my husband up and then I lost sight of it. When I couldn't wake him up I went back to look at it but it was gone with no noise or anything........ just gone.

The next day I told the farmer about it so my husband and thefarmer went up to measure the ring, apparently there was a big burnt patch it was 300 meters wide on the bottom.

The object was huge, I wasn't petrified I was just stunned, I was very sorry I went in to wake my husband because when i came back it was gone. No one else would have seen it because we were isolated out there.

07.11.63 DALYSTON, VIC 1415hrs
Source: Wonthaggi Express (07.11.63); QUFO 1/5/21-2
A bread carter was followed by a 3 or 4 metre long glowing object, orange in colour and looking like a ‘cloud’, at 30 metres range. It pursued him for 3 kilometres then accelerated away to his right.

Source: 1800 Freecall National Hotline Number Callin Code 3795, Reported 27.12.04
In late November 1963, on a hot Friday night just on dark, Ross was travelling west across the open country twenty miles north of Pinnaroo, South Australia, when he saw an object which “must have been a hundred foot in diameter easily”. Viewed at less than a quarter of a mile, he saw four or five windows of light, four foot square, evenly spaced a foot apart. He was looking west, near Dingo Ranges, and the track he was driving on then turned towards the object. He switched on the headlights and suddenly it disappeared.

Exactly one year later on a Friday night in November 1964, Gordon Atze and Alfred arrived in Pinnaroo. Gordon was very agitated and could hardly talk. It was in broad daylight when they saw a large circular craft hovering above. It tracked them for three quarters of a mile. They accelerated up to 60 mph. The vehicle above them tracked until they were almost at the point of the previous year’s sighting, then it suddenly shot upwards. Ross points out that the second sighting was a mile behind where he had his sighting.

Another sighting in the Mallee District, about a hundred miles from these sightings is reported in an advertiser or wireless report at the same time stating that a policeman and councilman out walking just before dark on a Sunday night, east of Pernong, saw a large circular craft hovering above an open field. They walked towards it. Suddenly it shot up at great speed. Dominic McNamara AUFORN SA

Two boys reported seeing 8 or 9 cylinders swoop low over their house and travelling at speed plunge towards the ground 250 metres away. A search of the ground revealed nothing.

1963-64; HOBART, TAS
A schoolboy reported seeing a UFO land on a beach and said he was approached by two entities. They spoke to him and later he developed a high IQ but was difficult to control.

NOTE: Confidential source known to K. Bennetto, TUFOIC’s sightings officer 1969-75. TUFOIC

Home Page

Australian UFO Research Network Hotline number

1800 772288